• Why can’t I claim back for my car rental and food while overseas on a referral?

    This is not a covered benefit.

  • Do I have overseas benefits?

    Only in a Medical Emergency and you must call the number on the card for approval.

  • I am now retired and plan to live overseas. Will I be able to use my insurance there?

    Only in a medical emergency or if there is a CMO approved referral in place can the insurance be used.

  • Can I purchase additional benefits to see a private physician?

    You do not have the ability to purchase additional benefits. However, you may be covered by a plan which allows you access to CINICO’s Preferred Provider Network. Please reference our PPN tab for further information.

  • How often can I use my Vision benefits (Not SHIC)?

    Please refer to your benefit plan schedule for details.

  • Where can I get my eyes tested?

    You can use any of the vision providers on the island.

  • What are benefits with regards to reproduction, pregnancy and delivery?

    Civil Servants are covered 100% with CMO approved referral and may also use the PPN with benefits as applicable. Benefits for SHIC plan as outlined in SHIC Plan Details. Note that in-vitro fertilization is not a covered benefit.

  • What does my policy cover?

    A list of policy coverage is available on our website.

  • Will I be covered for a pre-existing condition, and if so, is there a limit annually or lifetime?

    Yes, the Civil Service Plan cover pre-existing conditions and SHIC Plans are risk-rated so a premium is identified based on medical conditions disclosed.

  • What is car insurance?

    Car insurance helps protect your financial well-being if you’re in a covered accident. Instead of paying for costly injuries or damaged property by yourself, your Motor insurance steps in to pay for some or all of the loss. You can customize what and how much your insurance covers, giving you flexibility to build a policy that satisfies your needs.

  • How much does car insurance cost?

    Your car insurance rate is determined by factors like age, driving record, vehicle type and usage, and more. Find out how much car insurance costs by contacting us or using our online services for an instant quotation.

  • Does CINICO have insurance agents or work with a broker?

    No, however, you can call 1-345-949-8101 and our customer service experts will provide any assistance you need.

  • What is a Motor Insurance Quote?

    A Motor insurance quote is an estimate of your insurance premium. Get an instant quote by using the CINICO mobile app, logging in to your online profile or calling 1-345-949-8101.

  • What do I need to get a Motor insurance quote?

    To get the most accurate quote, you need to supply your car’s make, model and year, as well as information about your driving history. To purchase a Motor policy, you’ll need your vehicle identification number (VIN) handy and have the Certificate of Vehicle Ownership Registration document. We’ll also ask for your driver’s license number. If you’re unsure of which coverages to select, our car insurance information pages can help you understand your coverage needs.

  • What does CINICO Motor Insurance Policies Cover? 

    The answer to this question depends largely on which coverages you buy.

    A Third-Party policy is the minimum cover required by law. This provides protection for the expense of repairing another person’s property or taking care of their injury costs up to the stated limits of liability if you are at fault arising from the use of your vehicle.

    • If you add on the Total Loss cover, we will pay for the loss or damage to your vehicle caused by fire, lightning, explosion, theft or attempted theft, accidental collision or overturining which results in a total loss.
    • If you add on the Comprehensive cover, we will pay for the loss or damage to your vehicle caused by accidental collision or overturing, malicious damage, vandalism, fire, lightning, explosion, theft or attempted theft. We will also pay for windstorms, hurricanes, earthquakes including flood or overflow of the sea-caused by these events. 
    • Additionally, in the event of accidental death or injury to you or your spouse while getting into, traveling in or getting out of the insured vehicle we will pay up to $5,000 per person.
  • What does Comprehensive Car Insurance Cover?

    Many people wrongly assume that having comprehensive insurance means you are covered for “everything” after you have an accident.

    • Comprehensive insurance covers both your legal liabilities if a claim is brought against you as well as accidental collision damage to your vehicle.
    • Other perils that are covered by comprehensive insurance include if your vehicle is stolen, vandalized, damaged by fire, storms and other natural disasters, broken windows and windshield and damage caused by animals and falling objects.
  • Does CINICO Vehicle Insurance Cover Theft?

    Our Total Loss and Comprehensive insurance offers protection against theft and vandalism. If you only have a Third-Party policy, theft is not covered.

  • Will CINICO Vehicle Policy Cover Storm Damage?

    Yes, you are covered if you have purchased our Comprehensive policy which includes windstorms, hurricanes and flood or overflow of the sea-caused by these events. On the contrary, storm damage is not covered under our Third-Party or Total Loss policies.

  • Does CINICO provide coverage for Broken Windows?

    Yes, you are covered if you have purchased our Comprehensive policy, we will pay up to $1,500 to replace or repair broken glass in the windscreen, sunroof or windows of the insured Vehicle. If your claim is only for windscreen damage, you won’t lose your no-claim discount.

  • How does CINICO No claim Protection work?

    We offer a no claim discount protection program for an additional premium that can help you avoid a rate increase after an accident. Learn more about our program features by visiting the CINICO website or through your mobile app.

  • Can I contact you directly to make changes to my policy or for further assistance?

    Changes may not be reflected in your policy immediately. Should you have additional questions regarding your changes or policy documentation our online Chat assistant is available 24/7 or contact one of our representatives during normal business hours on 1-345-949-8101.

  • What information is generally needed for adding or replacing a vehicle to my policy?

    You should have at hand the vehicle’s make, model, year, accident history and registration certificate or purchase invoice (for new vehicles).

    • If you are not the registered owner of the vehicle, have a high value vehicle, salvaged title or recently filed a vehicle claim these may need to be reviewed before an added vehicle is accepted.
  • How can I find out exactly what I’m covered for?

    Your insurance policy document outlines the extent of cover provided by us. We encourage you to carefully read this document along with your schedule and any endorsement(s) issued within the period. If you have any further queries, please contact us.

  • How can I find out exactly what I’m covered for?

    Your insurance policy document outlines the extent of cover provided by us. We encourage you to carefully read this document along with your schedule and any endorsement(s) issued within the period. If you have any further queries, please contact us.

  • How long does the car insurance policy last?

    Thestandard duration of your policy is 12 months subject to fulfillment of all premium payments made in accordance with the agreed payment schedule.

  • Can I change my details in the middle of my policy period?

    It’sno problem to change your details and some changes may affect your premium. Changes can be made by calling 1-345-949-8101.

  • If I am insured under a private motor cover, can the vehicle be used for business?

    Your vehicle may be used for social, domestic and pleasure purposes, and for the policyholder’s business or profession and their employer’s business but only if we have agreed to this. Please refer to your policy schedule under the Limitation section for more details as your premium may be affected by the type of use declared and some uses are not covered.

  • Are accessories in my car Motormatically covered?

    Any item added to the vehicle that is not factory fitted such as accessories, stereo equipment and rims should be specifically declared under your motor policy to ensure that these are covered.

    • It is your responsibility to provide documentation at the policy start date or at the time of installation to prove the value of such accessories. Please note this will increase your insurance premium accordingly.
  • What damages to my vehicle are not covered by my motor policy?

    Our Comprehensive policy covers a wide range of unforeseen events, but it does not cover everything. Types of damage that are excluded from your standard cover would be, but are not limited to, the excess shown in the policy schedule, wear and tear, depreciation, mechanical breakdown, deliberate damage and custom modifications not listed on your policy schedule. Please review the “What is Not Covered” section of your Motor Policy to learn more.

  • When are my premiums due?

    Premiums are due on the 1st of each month.

  • How long do I have to pay my policy before it is terminated?

    You have 30 days from the 1st of the month to pay your premium.

  • How can I pay my premiums?

    • Direct debit (see next question). Direct debit forms are available and can be filled out and submitted to CINICO for the following banks: Bank of Butterfield, Royal Bank (Cayman) Limited, and Fidelity Bank. Note: CINICO is responsible for submitting your Direct Debit payment request to the banks within the first week of each month.
    • Through an online transfer from your bank account to CINICO’s account at RBC* (* note that CINICO is listed as a payee vendor at most banks, if not please call for CINICO’s bank account transfer details).
    • At the bank counter – CNB only 
    • Payment can also be made at our various offices.
      • Main office accepts debit / credit cards, checks and cash.
      • Savannah and Cayman Brac offices accept debit / credit cards only.
  • How can I apply for Direct Debit?

    Forms can be picked up at CINICO’s office or printed off the website.

  • What banks can I do direct debit with?

    We only accept for direct debits for Royal Bank of Canada (RBC), Bank of Butterfield and Fidelity. Policyholders who pay via direct debit will receive a $2 discount on their monthly premium payments.

  • What happens if my payments are not made within the time frame?

    Failure to make your premium payments within the 30-day time frame will result in your policy being terminated for non-payment. The Health Insurance Regulations mandate that every resident of the Cayman Islands maintain active health insurance coverage. There is a requirement that insurers report any policy terminated for non-payment of premium to the Health Insurance Commission.

  • Do I receive any invoices?

    No invoices are sent out. All members are advised upon enrollment that premiums are due on the 1st of each month, the premium remains the same unless you move to a different age band bracket. Any change in premium resulting from a movement in age brackets will be communicated 30 days prior to the new premiums effective date.

  • How can I reinstate my policy if it was terminated for non-payment?

    To reinstate a terminated policy, you will have to re-apply by completing a new application form. Once approved a new premium rate has been calculated. You are required to pay a reinstatement fee of CI$ 200.00 if it is the first time and then CI$ 300 for any subsequent reactivation. In addition, you will also have to pay your premium amount for the month you seek reinstatement. CINICO is not responsible, for any claims incurred during the terminated period

  • If my policy is terminated, what do I need in order to show that my policy should not have been terminated?

    It is imperative that you receive a receipt for EACH of your payments from CINICO and if payments are made at the bank a copy of your deposit slips. Producing all your receipts and/or deposit slips will verify your proof of payment.

  • How can I cancel my policy?

    A self-termination form is available and must be signed off by the policy holder or employer

  • How can I get refunded on an a payment made for a terminated policy?

    Any payments received for a policy that has been terminated are returned to the employer listed on the policyholder’s account. Respectively, notification letters are mailed out to the employer’s PO Box address. Hence, it is imperative that both the policyholder and employer keep their contact information up to date with CINICO.